Dear SPS Families and Staff:
I hope everyone had a relaxing vacation. As previously announced, masks are optional in school effective tomorrow, Monday, February 28, 2022.
Earlier today, I received word from DESE that school districts have the authority to follow updated CDC guidance regarding masks on buses. On Friday, February 25, the CDC announced that they are no longer requiring masks to be worn on school buses and vans. As a result, I am making masks optional on school buses and vans effective tomorrow, February 28, 2022.
As a reminder, please note these important conditions that continue to apply on and after February 28, 2022:
- Students and staff who test positive for COVID-19 may return to school after 5 days and once they have:
- Been without fever for 24 hours (without taking fever-reducing medications)
- Experienced improvement in other symptoms and
- Following the 5-day isolation period, students and staff must continue to mask for 5 additional days when around others including during the school day.
- All students and staff have the option to wear a mask if they choose for any reason and we will support them in that choice.
Thank you for taking the time to read this important message. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to reach out to your school nurse.
Dr. Thomas Raab
Superintendent of Schools